- We will collect personally identifiable information about you through the Service;
- We will not knowingly disclose personally identifiable information about you that we collect through the Service to third parties, except as necessary to enforce the rights of clients of The Hill Firm PLLC (“the PLLC”), and we will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Service, including encrypting certain data stored in our database and by hosting our login and registration pages over a secure connection (HTTPS). These Policy highlights are qualified by full reference to the terms described below.
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE US.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is information that permits the identification of an individual such as a first and last name; a home or other physical address, including street name and name of city or town; an email address; a telephone number; or a social security number. If information about an individual, including personal health and medical information, is combined with any Personally Identifiable Information, then such additional information is also considered to be Personally Identifiable Information.
- We collect any information you enter on the Service or give us in any other way (such as through an email, survey, or letter). The information that we collect varies depending upon how you use our Service. Our account registration process requires that you provide us with your user name, birthday and email address, and that you create and provide us with a password. We may also request other information such as your actual first and last name, gender, and zip code. In addition, you will have the opportunity to submit information about your personal medical and health condition to us through, for example, weight tracking and other tools available on the Site. That information may be associated with your profile and therefore become Personally Identifiable Information. You may access and update your personal information or account settings by logging onto your profile tab on the Site and changing the information online.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of the Service, such as the user profile pages, question and answer forums, blogs, or user forums, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others. We therefore advise visitors not to disclose personal health information, contact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instant messenger address (within these public areas) that they do not wish to share. We are not responsible for Personally Identifiable Information you choose to submit in these public areas and such information may be freely distributed outside of the Service. Also, we may highlight content you post to the public areas of the Service such as reviews or comments, such as by featuring your Content on the Site's home page. Information that you post to the public areas of the Site is not considered to be private information.
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register for our Site or send any information about yourself to us. We recommend that prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 ask their parents or other legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
- AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies." Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. We use persistent, identifying cookies to remember your information and to link your activities to you. While you can take steps to warn off, block or disable cookies, if you do, the Service may not function and appear as we have designed it. Nonetheless, if you want to take these steps, you can do so by following the instructions associated with your browser. Our cookies do not collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us during the registration process, but they do collect other information such as the following:
- the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to ours;
- the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- your computer's IP address and information about its operating system, platform and the Web browser type and version you use;
- demographic and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you; and
- information to combat fraud or misuse.
- Pixel Tags. In our email to you, we may use "pixel tags", commonly referred to as web beacons to determine if your email software or service can display html-formatted email (this helps us optimize the size of our email messages and conserve bandwidth).
- THE SITE USE AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information. We use your Personally Identifiable Information, such as your email address for purposes such as responding to your requests, monitoring and providing the Service, maintaining your account on the Site, enforcing our rights and the rights of third parties, and investigating and ensuring compliance with the Terms. We also may use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you regarding your account.
- Opting-Out. You may modify the types of communications you wish to receive by changing your preferences as part of your profile on the Site or, if that option is not available, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree that we may send you customary communications such as notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages regarding the Service, address confirmations, and transactional information about your account, and you may not have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications so long as you are registered with the Site.
- Use of Other Information. We use non-Personally Identifiable Information about our users for purposes such as measuring the number of visitors to sections of our Site, making the Service more useful to visitors and delivering the Content. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user's movement, and gather demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiable use.
- Retention of Information. We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
- THE SITE'S SHARING OF INFORMATION. THE SITE shares information with third parties, but only as described in this Section 4 or if authorized by you.
- Third Party Services. We contract with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties to provide services to us or to you on our behalf. Examples include providing marketing assistance and customer service, sending THE SITE emails to you, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and analyzing data. These third parties may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information for use solely in connection with these authorized business activities. We contractually require that our operations and maintenance contractors protect the privacy of your Personally Identifiable Information no less than as required under this Policy.
- Business Transfer. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or similar transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and your Personally Identifiable Information may be subject to such a transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, customer information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
- Affiliates. We may share Personally Identifiable Information (excluding personal health information), non-Personally Identifiable Information and other information with our corporate affiliates. Corporate affiliates are those entities that we control, are controlled by us, or are under common control with us and any joint venture in which any of the controlled entities may participate from time to time. Any use of your information by our corporate affiliates is subject to this Policy or another policy no less protective of your privacy. Conversely, we may obtain information about you from our corporate affiliates or from your visits to other websites that we or our corporate affiliates control.
- Compliance and Safety. We may release user information when we believe release is appropriate to:
- comply with applicable law, and to respond to legal process, including subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, and to respond to or otherwise address written complaints of copyright infringement;
- make disclosures under programs intended to prevent potential crimes or investigate persons;
- enforce or apply agreements, including the Terms; or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others, including exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- Your Obligations. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Please sign off when finished using a shared computer. Your emails to us are not necessarily secure against interception so do not include sensitive information in them. We generally will not ask for passwords in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent. YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU REASONABLY CAN TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Our Security Measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of our user's information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data security for, and correctly use your information. These procedures include the use in appropriate circumstances of secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology and computer server firewalls. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Service contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects your personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only to information collected by the Service.
- CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS.
- Privacy Concerns. Your use of the Service and any dispute over privacy is subject to the Terms. If you have any concern about privacy at the Site, please send a thorough description to:
The Hill Firm PLLC
PO Box 150529
Nashville, TN 37215
- Notice Required by Law. In those jurisdictions that permit email notice, if we are required to disclose or provide notice of invasion of certain security systems, we will do so by email to the most current email address provided by you to us. It is critical that you keep your email contact information correct and updated with the Site all times.
- Identity Theft. If you believe that you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at our Legal Notice address at the following address and we will let you know what additional information you must provide to us. After we have received that information, we will supply without charge the information legally required to be disclosed that we then have, subject to applicable law and reserving all our rights and defenses.
The Hill Firm PLLC
PO Box 150529
Nashville, TN 37215
- Revisions. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time due to changes in the law, the Service, technology and industry practices. Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately. If we make non-material changes, we will indicate at the top of this page the revised Policy's new effective date. If we make material changes, we will notify you at the address you provided to us or to your email account and through prominent notice on the home page of the Site and will also indicate the date the changes were made to this Policy at the top of this page. The material changes will take effect 30 days after such notice. We encourage you to refer to this Policy at least every 30 days to check for material changes to this Policy. It is critical that you keep your email address information correct at all times.
- Notice. When we need to contact you, including when we give a legal notice, we may do so to an email address that we have on file for you or to you’re the Site email account, or we may post notice on the Site. You must keep your email address information accurate.